Re: [dev] Re: Why HTTP is so bad?

From: Sam Watkins <sam_AT_nipl.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 10:38:03 +1000

> For a special kind of hell, visit UPnP which is SOAP/XML on top of HTTP on top of UDP which is broadcasted.

Lol, yeah it is possible to do crazy things with HTTP and HTML (or anything).
And the newer versions suffer from extreme featuritis / accumulation
of cruft. Most of that can be ignored, though.

I'd say both HTTP and HTML started out fairly sane,
and that decent core still exists within each.

Would you rather everyone is exchanging binary word documents
over sun-rpc, or something like that?

Do you have a majorly better suggestion for writing or retrieving documents?