Re: [dev] Re: Why HTTP is so bad?

From: Random832 <random832_AT_fastmail.us>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 00:19:15 -0400

On 05/24/2013 07:13 PM, Strake wrote:
>> And you spend a day on wikipedia or tvtropes and you've got two hundred
>> HTML viewers open?
> Yes.

I meant as opposed to the usual dozen.
> The viewer sends a "go" message back to the fetcher, which kills the
> old viewer and loads the new one, and can keep a URL log.

So the fetcher (which presumably also has UI elements such as an address
bar, back/forward button, etc) is the monolithic browser I described.

How exactly is this different from the current model? That the two
components communicate via IPC rather than an in-process API?