Re: [dev] upload via html?

From: Random832 <random832_AT_fastmail.us>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 09:11:50 -0400

On 05/25/2013 07:29 PM, Nicolas Braud-Santoni wrote:
> Well, SFTP requires you to create a user account. (I'm aware that it may
> not be one with which you can SSH in).
> Some people might not want this.
Everything runs as a user. You could use www-data, whatever anonymous
FTP uses, or simply "nobody". There's no fundamental reason you couldn't
write an SFTP daemon that allows anonymous access.

However, this doesn't exist by default. Also, and this is something many
people may not know, it's non-trivial to make an account that cannot be
used for _port forwarding_ - simply making it impossible to log in with
a shell [e.g. shell set to /bin/false] doesn't accomplish this.