Re: [dev] Re: Why HTTP is so bad?

From: Dmitrij Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 00:14:19 +0200

On May 27, 2013 11:53 PM, "Hadrian Węgrzynowski" <hadrian_AT_hawski.com> wrote:

> For example support only two fonts: monospace and proportional.

And have some sites broken because the idiots who made them did some
pixel-exact fine tuning based on some particular font's properties. I still
hit the occasions when the reminder of the line ends up hidden under some
picture because deja vu is a bit wider then aerial (or whatever they use on
Windows these days).

> Only partial CSS support is needed. Problem starts with JS.

Sure only partial support for CSS (and JS: world would be a better place
without alert()) is needed. Unfortunately, this "partial" is what web
developers use, which is pretty much everything in Webkit. Even the lack of
most useless CSS properties may render the browser useless for carelessly
designed website, not to mention print views and other stuff you only need
less then 1% of time.

Imagine a document with all section numbering done with CSS counters and
unlinked cross-references like "see paragraph 2.5.6.1."

Note, the features you don't expect in lynx are often obligatory for
graphical browser.

----
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff