Re: [dev] [sbase] built with watcom

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:04:02 +0000 (UTC)

Jens Staal dixit:

> I am looking at Alpine at the moment... uclibc/busybox based

That is precisely the thing I was *not* addressing by stating
“company-use” ☺

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve started toying with something musl too,
but for “at work” you don’t want that, or can’t justify it, or
whatever. Also, you get to have lots of… not suckless stuff.
GTK+ (GIMP, Inkscape, M*zilla Firebloat, at the very least),
KDE (Kontact Enterprise/KDEPIM), and stuff like that.

(I also dislike busybox and have reason to not trust µClibc.
But I suppose if you put mksh on it, it’ll be at least usable ;)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
I want one of these. They cost 720 € though… good they don’t have the HD hole,
which indicates 3½″ floppies with double capacity… still. A tad too much, atm.