Re: [dev] [sbase] built with watcom

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:03:03 +0000 (UTC)

Jens Staal dixit:

> By the way: what is the status of MirOS on top of Linux? A dead project?

It was never really worked on but apparently got hyped in
“the media” (especially Wikipedia, which is known to get
its facts wrong but disallow corrections). It was basically
a “we could…” idea but not important enough.

Although… we could, once both josef (my musl experiment)
and mirₘᵢₙcⒺ work, base it on that. On the other hand, I
had something planned to distinguish between GNU/Linux
and MirLinux binaries using a PT_NOTE ELF section (maybe
not actually needed especially if the kernel ABI is the
same) and other things… we’ll see. I’m not familiar enough
with current Linux (yet).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
17:08⎜«Vutral» früher gabs keine packenden smartphones und so
17:08⎜«Vutral» heute gibts frauen die sind facebooksüchtig