Re: [dev] [sbase] [patch v4] Add df(1)

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:14:08 +0100

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 01:51:01PM +0300, sin wrote:
> Incorporated Steve's changes as well to make it compile/work
> on OpenBSD. I realize #ifdef's are terrible but for now it should
> do the trick until we come up with a proper solution to this.

Is there really no sensible way to get the required information for
most POSIXish systems? How does coreutils do it (I expect tons of
way more awful ifdefs than you've done here, but it's worth
checking)?

I wonder what the right approach for utilities that can't be made
portable should be? Are there any others that are likely to have
these problems?