Re: [dev] daemon for DWM

From: Kai Hendry <hendry_AT_webconverger.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:26:23 +0800

Hello there,

On 29 July 2013 01:02, Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Comments and criticism is welcome.

The net monitor is something I'm looking for, though I'm not sure how
I would integrate it with my current shell script:
https://github.com/kaihendry/Kai-s--HOME/blob/master/.xinitrc#L43
https://github.com/kaihendry/Kai-s--HOME/blob/master/bin/dwm_status

Prefer the versatility of shell. :} Though that earlier shell example
is incomplete and I guess it would have to be daemonised to keep the
old values.

Maybe I'll adjust the C program to write the netstats to a file for a
shell script like mine to read it? Is that sane?

And run your C program from systemd? (*duck*)