Re: [dev] [sbase] [patch v2] Add strings(1)

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:05:35 +0200

> Yeah I should have mentioned, my implementation mirrors strings from
> Plan9. My understanding is that sbase is not necessarily posix compliant.
>
> Personally I'm used to this implementation. If you guys think it makes
> more sense to switch to the standard output then I can do that.

We should look what is more interesting for scripting. Using the offset
format forces you to use awk or cut if you only want the string, and
if you use standar output you have to use a switch if you want the
offset. I don't have used the offset never, but I can understand other
people can use it.

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero