Re: [dev] st: bracketed paste mode

From: <random832_AT_fastmail.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 18:03:26 -0400

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013, at 10:51, Nick wrote:
> To check, how does this work exactly? Does X send the escape code to
> any window when pasting with middle click, and those which don't
> understand it just ignore it? And then once st has done the
> appropriate stuff with the pasted text, vim (for example) will
> detect that and behave as though :paste is enabled for the duration
> of the paste?

The application has to request it be enabled with a private mode escape
sequence. I don't believe vim presently has any built-in support for it,
but I could be wrong - and you could probably hack it by putting the
mode in t_is or t_ti, putting the end escape sequence in :set paste, and
setting a keybinding for the start sequence.