Re: [dev] [sbase] Command list

From: Truls Becken <truls.becken_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:03:27 +0200

On 2013-10-18, at 12:29, sin wrote:

> find: Useless, just do `du -a | grep blabla'

I'm not interested in disk usage, but finding files based on certain
properties, such as update time, ownership, permissions, etc.

> make: Do we really need this in sbase?

Make is a basic tool, useful in lots of situations.
It would be nice not to rely on GNU for this.

> sh: We agreed to do without a shell.

Yes, and I agree for the user shell. It would still be nice to have a
minimalistic one for scripts, where extensions should be banned anyway.

> xargs: Why?

I use it all the time, most frequently to call less or grep on a list of
files produced by some other command.

-Truls