Re: [dev] Some thoughts about XML

From: Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 01:02:34 +0200

Evan Buswell said:
> But OTOH, I do like the idea of separating the translation-to-html bit
> from the generate-sensible-output bit. XSLT may have done this poorly,
> but it's on the right track (and what else works better for this, Awk?
> Perl? m4?). I mean, I take the point that we can't really make the web
> stack all that much better, but at least we can containerize suck?
> Yes?

Containerize suck of web stack? It is already containerized in browsers
- choose the one that sucks less.

See, the problem with web stack are not somewhere between the stack and
the rest of your software and data. You readily may have your data in
whatever format you want and share it via whatever protocol you like.
Eg. you may have a bunch of JSON files accessible via their URLs as they
are and via werc (or your custom CGI script) as HTML. The problem with
web stack is the ugliness of web stack itself, and there is no
workaround for that.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff