Re: [dev] IRC on Free node

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 15:26:04 +0000 (UTC)

ludovic samek dixit:

>encrypted actually? Do you know some dev lists where they use
>encryption?

I’m carrying the Secure List Server patch for mailman on the
installations we use at work. (Reminds me to get the time to
update and polish this and upload to Debian proper…)

http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/mailman-pgp-smime/

It’s not perfect and a bit buggy, but it works, although I
tested S/MIME only once, as we mostly use PGP.

But I don’t think that this list uses Mailman 2…

>> PS: My reason for avoiding OFTC is simply that the IRC client I use
>> connects to only one IRC server at a time.
>
>Do you use also ii ?

No, a highly patched sirc (somewhat sucky C frontend plus
somewhat less sucky Perl backend), until such time as I
actually write an IRC client in mksh. Oh, and sometimes,
tinyirc which is pure C and just small.

To be honest, I can’t stand using Plan 9 concepts like that
in a Unix world. Not without a sort of frontend to be able
to use it efficiently, anyway. (The frontend needs not be
graphical, of course.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of