Re: [dev] Desktop warping for DWM?

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:18:40 +0000

Hi Patrick,

Quoth patrick295767 patrick295767:
> "When desktop warping is enabled, dragging a window outside the desktop
> will change to the next desktop."
>
> I hope that it describes it well.
>
> Would you appreciate to have this feature (patch) on DWM?

I know the feature. It doesn't sound that useful for dwm users,
because I doubt many of us routinely move windows by dragging
anyway, and assigning windows to different tags is pretty fast and
straightforward providing you're comfortable doing window management
from a keyboard. Also of course the paradigm of having multiple tags
per window is broken somewhat by this, as is selecting multiple
tags. If I have a window in tag 2 & tag 3, and I currently have tags
3 & 4 active, and I 'warp' the window, what tag should it get? 3? 4?
5? I know some people don't use tags this way, though.