Re: [dev] wswsh: a mksh web framework

From: Ryan O’Hara <rninty_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:27:41 -0800

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Nicholas Hall <ngharo_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Ryan O’Hara <rninty_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> This looks pretty cool. I'm sick of all the shitty hip offline
>>> website generators, and the direction web development is headed in
>>> general -- layer upon layer upon layer. Seriously, these guys wrap
>>> one shitty language on top of another shitty language. They should
>>> leave these tools up to their editors if they feel the need to use
>>> them, not standardize another abstraction layer.
>>>

>> I don’t understand how each of your sentences matches up with the rest.
>> What are you talking about?
>
> I'm talking about Jekyll, SASS, Coffeescript, LESS, Compass, Jade. I
> could go on.

Jekyll seems pretty decent to me. What is there to object to? Markdown and Ruby?

The rest of the things you mention don’t have much to do with offline
website generation. They’re just languages that compile to other
languages. Jade, especially, is the absolute opposite of a “static
content” language.