Re: [dev] wswsh: a mksh web framework

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:09:11 +0000

> RSS is dead? Did I miss the obituary? What, if anything, has replaced
> it?

Facebook. Because totalitarianism never felt so cozy...

> I still use it to track new posts on the blogs and other pages I'm
> interested in. I guess I'm old-fashioned, huh? I still use the
> commandline too, and I store all of my data on my local machine...

Tut tut tut... You must be a criminal of some sort. Off to the gulag
with you!

On a related note, for those who like him, Eben Moglen just did an
excellent series of talks: http://snowdenandthefuture.info/
Part III in particular talks about the "ecological" threats posed by
the practises of companies like facebook - they're pretty obvious,
but he does a nice job of putting them in a broader context.

To be frank I have no idea why people flock to it. Ignorance, I
presume. Browsing the web nowadays feels like having engineers
and advertisers constantly shouting "fuck you" at me.