Re: [dev] Optimizing C compiler & c++ compiler/runtime

From: Anthony J. Bentley <anthony_AT_cathet.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 08:22:03 -0700

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net> wrote:
> There is also the question of finding a new C99 optimizing
> compiler written properly in C of course.
>
> tinycc is interesting. It would require just a few basic
> optimization passes to make it a reasonable alternative to gcc.
>
> There is also the openwatcom compiler.
>
> Anything else?

I’ve been curious about libfirm and cparser but haven't looked at them
closely yet.

“Firm is a C-library that provides a graph-based intermediate
representation, optimizations, and assembly code generation suitable
for use in compilers.”

http://pp.info.uni-karlsruhe.de/firm/

“cparser is a library containing a parser, lexer and semantic analysis
for the ISO C99 language. It should be used as a compiler frontend, a
base for source-source transformation, or source-checker tools.”

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cparser/

--
Anthony J. Bentley