Re: [dev] Optimizing C compiler & c++ compiler/runtime

From: Bobby Powers <bobbypowers_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:36:17 -0500

Sylvain BERTRAND wrote:
> Since its 4.8 version, gcc cannot bootstrap with a C
> compiler/minimal runtime, it needs a c++ compiler and runtime.
> Making gcc 4.7 series the last "clean" gcc.

I think it is amusing that you think that gcc 4.7 is clean and good,
because it is written in C. From my understanding it is an incredibly
complex piece of software, and I think that it is quite possible that
using some C++ will cause the GCC code base to suck less (please note
I haven't specified any magnitude of sucking less, or an absolute
position on the suck scale).