Re: [dev][announce] Optimizing C compiler & c++ compiler/runtime

From: Paul Onyschuk <blink_AT_bojary.koba.pl>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 19:46:31 +0100

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 18:06:07 +0000 (GMT)
Rob <robpilling_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose if you can get a stable version of GCC, like you say, the
> platform ABIs aren't going to change, but I can see certain things
> from C11 coming into libraries, such as atomics. Of course glibc
> (should) support all the way back to C89. Not sure if musl is C99 and
> above or not.

Last time I compiled glibc by hand, kernel version (headers - as glibc
use them) and binutils were more an issue compared to compiler.

As for musl, dependencies are listed in INSTALL file [1], list of
supported compilers is also available on wiki [2].

[1] http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/INSTALL
[2] http://wiki.musl-libc.org/wiki/Supported_Platforms

--
Paul Onyschuk