Re: [dev] strlcpy and strlcat

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 16:52:19 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Bryan dixit:

>I'd like to know what the opinion here is of these functions. I've so

Not using them in this time and age is gross negligence.
Using strcpy, strcat and sprintf is even more; using
strncpy is minor negligence, but _strncat_ is positively
dangerous.

So, yes, by all means, use strlcpy, strlcat, snprintf.

(On strcpy_s: these were implemented in, IIRC, MSVCRT before,
but nobody bothered with them. Instead, I noticed Win32 developers
adding strlcpy too. Funnily enough, strcpy_s mostly behaves like
strlcpy except its return value is less generic.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> Hi, does anyone sell openbsd stickers by themselves and not packaged
> with other products?
No, the only way I've seen them sold is for $40 with a free OpenBSD CD.
	-- Haroon Khalid and Steve Shockley in gmane.os.openbsd.misc