Re: swc library to implement dwm under Wayland (was Re: [dev] gtk3 support for surf?)

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:39:40 +0100

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:07:34 +0100
Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> st and dwm on Wayland is something I would love to see, if only to
> get a glimpse of the functionality of the Wayland protocol and the
> Wayland/client interactions.

Hey Silvan,

I am still wondering if Wayland really is the way to go, given the fact
it requires a lot of dependencies for "basic" tasks (*(E)GL, dbus, PAM,
DRI (mostly)) and hogs memory.
Recently, I had a very interesting conversation with idunham[1], who is
currently working on tinyxlib[2] and tinyxserver[3], dramatically
cleaned-up versions of Xlib and Xserver linked against musl with
backported security-patches.
You might want to check it out after reading the forum-discussion!

Cheers

FRIGN

[1]: <http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?93926-The-Tiny-X-Server-Fork-Is-Still-Being-Maintained&p=388106#post388106>
[2]: <https://github.com/idunham/tinyxlib>