Re: [dev] ncurses or ...

From: Carlos Torres <vlaadbrain_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:37:38 -0500

Hello,

On 1/31/14, Dimitris Zervas <dzervas_AT_dzervas.gr> wrote:
> hmm, fifo interface for Xlib.
> Sounds like a good way to get my hands dirty with Xlib.
>
> Do I have to interface all the features of xlib, or we need some specific?

Maybe i miss spoke a little when stating "fifo interface to Xlib",
Xlib itself is also complicated and too low level, which is why there are
widget toolkits like GTK, Qt, Xaw etc...Like these toolkits we want
a simpler interface for the similar or new 2d UI widgets. simple,
scriptable, resizeable, and able to provide the necessities for interaction
reasonably with the current state of displays, keyboards and maybe
mouses.

--Carlos