Re: [dev] Announcing sinit - the suckless init

From: Eckehard Berns <ecki-suckless_AT_ecki.to>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 21:56:17 +0100

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 04:24:03PM +0000, sin wrote:
> Well, I completely removed the FIFO code :)

That simplifies things :)

I tested v0.3 and besides some glitches due to my system everything
worked fine. I'm using fgetty (yeah, freeing a couple more kb might
not be worth using it, but I tried it some time ago and kept it) and
it complains about file descriptor 3 when I try to log in. Aparently
(haven't checked the fgetty code) it uses file descriptor 3 for internal
communication of some sort and that would be sinit's sigfd. I added
a line to spawn() to close sigfd in the first child (if sigfd >= 0)
and I could log in again.

Speaking of children, I think you could drop the double fork in spawn
now, since pid 1 already waits for children.

And since sinit uses Linux specific code anyway you might consider
calling reboot(0) to tell the kernel to send SIGINT to pid 1 on
ctrl-alt-del.

--
Eckehard Berns