Re: [dev] Article about suckless on root.cz

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 08:57:14 +0100

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:42:28 +0100
Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Honestly, HTML5 is not so much about CSS3/rendering. It is much more
> about the JS environment and all the related APIs.
> *The* significant effort in browser projects today is all about HTML5
> APIs that are being used through JavaScript. The rendering aspect is
> pretty small in comparision.

Honestly, HTML5 is nothing about CSS3. Basically, it's just a buzzword
used by some smart-ass Social Media experts who don't know the deal.
But I agree with your second point: The JavaScript-APIs become more and
more important and there are many many sites which don't work without
it.
The rendering aspect however is also pretty important: We are not as
far as having websites really relying on CSS3, but the day will come
and until then CSS3 selectors should've been implemented.

I'd be happy to hear what you think about my proposal[1] on this ml.

Cheers

FRIGN

[1]: http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1402/20087.html

--