Re: [dev] [dwm][patch] Executing key bindings on key release

From: Niklas Høj <niklas_AT_hoej.me>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:52:37 +0100

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name> wrote:
> Please note that dwm_AT_ and dev@ are the same list -- you sent the same
> message twice to the same list. :-)

Bummer. One should think that sending an e-mail ought to be a trivial
feat. But Murphy's law strikes as always.

> You may wish to apply config changes to config.def.h, not config.h,
> since that is not part of the distribution.

Duly noted. I can't help but wonder, though: would it not be more
intuitive to have patches applied to the configuration that an install
actually uses? Why not have a "config.h" in the repository?

> Why is keypress renamed to "keypressrelease"?

I was thinking of the press and release parts as separate events
handled by this function, and named it to reflect that. But yes, I
agree that "keyevent" would then be better. And of course, with the
physical action in mind, "keypress" is as valid as ever as well.

> Best to keep the standard indentation, I think.

Indeed. My apologies. I have updated my .vimrc to use actual tabs, and
will be mindful of that henceforth.

I will push a cleaner version, including the name change to "keyevent"
(unless "keypress" is specifically preferred?).