[dev] What is bad with Python

From: Szymon Olewniczak <szymon.olewniczak_AT_rid.pl>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 23:21:02 +0100

Hi,
I've recently had a presentation(during local Linux User Group meeting)
about some basic ideas Unix philosophy and suckless projects. This has led
my attention once to the topic of programming languages and I must admit
that I've found Python much less harmful that I had previously
considered it to be. And when I can point out why does Perl, PHP, JS
sucks, python is another way round. Python has precise design, the code
is readable and what is very important it simplify many things. In
addition it has many great libraries so why
do not use Python at least as a prototype language. Mayby it's
multi-paradigm aproach is the problem but what alternatives to python do you see?
awk? Limbo? And at last what do you thing about Ruby which is quite
similar to the python in many aspects?

BR,
Szymon