Re: [dev] What is bad with Python

From: Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:48:38 -0500

Hey,

As a new Python programmer, there are only a few things that have so
far bothered me:

* Python 2-3 transition (I ended up learning 2 "by accident", but
easily learned 3 as they are quite similar)
* Packaging/Module system (Maybe just because I haven't had enough
experience with it...)
* Python 3 is not as widely used : ( Other OSs have not yet ported it
to their platform...(Haiku OS, 9front) and libraries are still using
Python 2.

All in all though I've been very pleased with the readability and
elegance of Python code. Speed and resources don't matter to me when
using Python. If they did, I would (and everyone else would agree) be
using C. As Christoph said it is great for prototyping, and others
would suggest even for production use.

Regards,

Lee