Re: [dev] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.11

From: Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 16:34:08 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> wrote:
> I personally find MOD+[Function-key] much nicer to use than your special characters.
Makes sense, but I just wanted a "shifted modifier" (like
MOD+shift+number in dwm).
To each their own here.

> Just to make sure it doesn't happen with the master branch, right?
Haven't been able to test master today, but I'll do so when I get home
this evening. I
don't recall having issues with redrawing while using master, however.

Regarding your explanation of the functions, I'll keep that in mind in
further testing.
What you explained is largely what I expected to happen, but the
behavior didn't seem
consistent with expectations. I'll look over the code tonight when
testing and hopefully
that will help me out a bit. (It seems that so far things are working
as expected upon
initial retry of the build. Not sure what could have caused this confusion.)

I just tried tagging out again and I was unable to 100% replicate the
redrawing problems.
It seems to be related to some strange behavior immediately after
spawning st within
dwm. More investigation seems necessary.

Thanks for the help. I'll send more information if/when I get it.