[dev] [dwm] Patches for Multiple Monitors

From: -Gary- <me_AT_garybgenett.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:40:15 -0700

Suckless Team,

Keep up the great work! Using dwm/dmenu makes my day, every day.

I've made some enhancements to dwm which I thought others might benefit from. I leave the final determination to you.

        1. added monitor marker to bar
                https://github.com/garybgenett/.dwm/commit/143e7f2f3caa047469c7219cd6b0cb704466683f
        2. added n*view wrappers, for unified multi-monitor
                https://github.com/garybgenett/.dwm/commit/2521a74714bb7c4b8787f30584f1565cc582928b
        3. added reset_view function
                https://github.com/garybgenett/.dwm/commit/b9f79c3dd07b285e974b2dfdf2371a72467539bb
        4. added statusall toggle, replacing need for patch
                https://github.com/garybgenett/.dwm/commit/d318ffdc7ab7a365e548776a1d8ed5ccbd67cd42

Each is also attached as a "format-patch", in case that works better. None of the default behavior is changed with any of these patches.

I use dwm with multiple monitors, and regularly have to come back to a "default view" to check on the primary tasks which may have been shuffled out of view doing more focused work. All of these assist with that workflow.

Thanks for your time and attention.

-- Gary

--
/* Gary B. Genett