[dev] [surf] segfault when playing embedded video

From: James Periwinkle <deadly.ninja_AT_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 11:22:35 -0500

surf-0.6, ©2009-2014 surf engineers, see LICENSE for details When attempting to play a video inside a frame, my terminal prints: ** Message: console message:  _AT_0: Blocked a frame with origin "https://www.youtube.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://www.break.com".  The frame requesting access has a protocol of "https", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "http". Protocols must match. many times followed by surf crashing. There is usually a delay of several seconds between clicking the video and the crash. After doing some reading, I've learned that the console message is probably due to the fact webkit does not allow cross domain javascript access by default. [1] Since some may want this behavior as a security measure, surf must be able to handle this case without crashing. [1] Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL - Stack Overflow