Re: [dev] st stutter and freeze during window resize via mouse drag

From: Nils R <ml_AT_hxgn.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 09:03:20 +0200 (CEST)

Roberto E. Vargas Caballero schrieb am 03.04.2014 17:40:
> > >http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1401/19619.html
> > > I'm having the same problem as the person in this link.
> > >
> > > I'm using dwm 6.0 and st 0.4.1
> >
> > You can’t be supported when not using the git version. Version numbers
> > are there to irritate people.
>
> Yeah I agree with you Christoph, but I was asking me if we should think in
> a new stable version. I would like try to get updated the terminfo
> definition
> of st by the terminfo maintainer, and it is something I would not like
> do often.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Roberto E. Vargas Caballero

Hi Roberto,

i sent a request to the terminfo-maintainer regarding the st-terminfo update
(to st.info from 0.4.1) ~a week ago, he told me he'll look into it. For the
record, the current definition in the 'official' terminfo file dates back to
st 0.1.1, so connecting to a remote system without having a local terminfo
of st installed can lead to funny problems. Since there haven't been many
changes to the terminfo file from 0.4.1 on, that should be fine for the
moment, but a stable releases once in a while--at least regarding st.info--
would make updating these information upstream easier in the future.

Regards,
Nils