Re: [dev] st stutter and freeze during window resize via mouse drag

From: Nils R <ml_AT_hxgn.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 10:33:09 +0200 (CEST)

Roberto E. Vargas Caballero schrieb am 05.04.2014 08:22:
> > Just checked, the information already got updated in
> >http://invisible-island.net/datafiles/current/terminfo.src.gz:
>
> Uhmmm, too fast!. I was thinking change the behaviour of backspace,
> that in this moment is generating delete instead of backspace, but
> if I change it, then you will find some systems with the old definition
> and other with the new :(.
>
> > # The source includes two entries which are not useful here:
> > # st-meta| simpleterm with meta key,
> > # st-meta-256color| simpleterm with meta key and 256 colors,
> > # because st's notion of "meta" does not correspond to the terminfo
> definition
> > # Rather, it acts like xterm - when the meta feature is disabled.
>
> I am going to ask him about this point (I know Thomas Dickey was a reader
> of this list in the past, but I don't know it he still reads it).
>
> > # Removed invis -TD
>
> Good point, it is true we do not have this feature. I don't know why it
> was
> in the definition.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Roberto E. Vargas Caballero

Hi Roberto,

well, the information got updated to the latest stable release, and IMHO the
system default only matters for

* people using st from their repositories (which is the latest stable, 0.4.1),
  so the def. matches now
* people using openbsd, which relies entirely on entries in the terminfo db

People compiling from git on non-openbsd systems should always get the latest
st.info. If you want to change the behaviour of backspace, do it and push for
a new stable release, then we can ask upstream again to incorporate these
changes :)

Best,
Nils