Re: [dev] [dmenu] [path] segfault on XK_Return when nothing matched

From: Anton Ermolenko <anton_AT_ermys.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 09:41:09 +0400

Hello!

Sorry for wrong version, just started to figure out all this bunch of
suckless software.

It is certainly dmenu

Here is proper version:

anton_AT_pi:~/D/S/dmenu $ ./dmenu -v
dmenu-4.5-tip, © 2006-2012 dmenu engineers, see LICENSE for details

It is also certainly crashes:

Without patch:

anton_AT_pi:~/D/S/dmenu $ dmenu_path | ./dmenu "$@"

then type any word which has no matches in your $PATH

and here it is:

anton_AT_pi:~/D/S/dmenu $ dmenu_path | ./dmenu "$@"
asl;dkfja
Segmentation fault

gdb says it because "set" variable is "(Item*) 0x0" when typed word has no
matches.

Sorry for poor english.

--
Sincerely,