Re: [dev] [st] Understading st behaviour

From: Amadeus Folego <amadeusfolego_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:37:15 -0300

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 08:08:51PM +0200, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero wrote:
> > 1. If you open a program like mutt, ssh, or newsbeuter and kill the
> > window with the wm (like xmonad) the process will not be killed.
>
> I think it is a bug, because in this case a SIGHUP should be sent to the
> process. How do you kill the terminal?

It's the default keybinding for xmonad to kill a window: Mod + Shift + c

It looks like xmonad sends the delete protocol if the program accepts it
instead of killing.

See [1] for details.

[1]: http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad/src/XMonad-Operations.html#killWindow

> > 2. When installing packages with yaourt it hangs when asking if you want
> > to continue building a package and you can't pass keys to stdin, they
> > are printed on the screen.
>
> I'm sorry, but I cannot understand you here. Could you explain a bit more
> about this problem?

I was not able to reproduce this behaviour, you can ignore this one.

Thanks!