Re: [dev] [st] Understading st behaviour

From: Amadeus Folego <amadeusfolego_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 17:03:33 -0300

I probably discovered why this happens.

The WM_DELETE_WINDOW command is being received with success, I tested
it.

The issue is that the command xmonad uses to spawn st double-forks the
process, making the SIGHUP signal not being sent to the correct pid. See
[1].

So the question remains if we should cover this case or not, since
xmonad's approach is probably nonsense. I never experienced this with
other applications though.

[1]: http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad/src/XMonad-Core.html#spawn