Re: [dev][ideas] suckless shell

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 21:24:41 +0200

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:17:11 -0400
Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Honestly assuming that the POSIX shell is anything other than
> horseshit, full of weird rules, plenty of non-standard-shells
> surrounding it, poor variable handling, barely working functions, a
> lack of decent scoping, and more crap like that, why are we even
> looking at implmeneting a posix shell?

So you would rather prefer to define an own subset of rules to
implement?

> A suckless shell in my mind would be one closer to Python with baked
> in support for execution and piping

I would've never dreamed of hearing "suckless" and "Python" in the same
sentence, but I understand what you mean.
Refer to [0] for some pitfalls shared by our fellow Martin Kopta on his
blog[1].

[0]: http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashPitfalls
[1]: http://martin.kopta.eu/blog/#2012-06-11-10-22-00

--