Re: [dev] suckless distro

From: Ryan O’Hara <rninty_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:07:17 -0700

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net> wrote:
> My arguments are perfectly sensible from the perspective of making
> SDKs suckless: the avoidance of technically expensive components
> in small SDKs.

To look at things another way: simple projects don’t require particularly
complicated Makefiles. You can write one simple enough that running the second
line is equivalent to running make. If it needs to be extended in the future,
that’s easy enough; it’s portable; everyone can read it; everyone knows how
to override its configuration.