Re: [dev] Why do you use tmux/screen?

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 07:29:27 +0200

Dimitris Zervas wrote:
> Why not use tabbed? or DWM's mono-view (how is it called when you see only 1
> window?)?

For local work on my laptop I use tabbed. Only sometimes for updates (to catch
error messages from the beginning) I need a scrollback and therefore fire up an
instance of tmux. Actually I don't know, why I'm not just using less for this.
:/

For remote working, I would definitely recommend tmux, however I only use it if
it's not a quick fix or something done within a few minutes with a reliable
connection at hand.

--Markus