Re: [dev] Looking for simple, alpha supporting image format

From: Charlie Murphy <cmsmurp00_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:54:54 -0400

FRIGN wrote:
> Basically speaking, I'm now more of a fan of storing the width and
> height in binary form (16 or 32 bit) instead of ASCII.

Binary form has benefits, but being able to print the header from a script
is why I like the ASCII header so much. It's possible to write a converter
script (using ImageMagick) in only two minutes.

I'm going to use an image format like this in a small game soon, to see how
it compares to using PNG sprites.

Charlie Murphy