Re: [dev] [dwm] Tag organization under terminal

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:12:16 -0500

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 09:12:33PM -0300, Henrique Lengler wrote:
> Is there a good method to organize a program running under a terminal
> emulator?
> I wanna create a tag for mail and for music, but the program that i use
> for mail/music and others run under st.
> I know that this is possible adding a key shortcut, but is there any
> alternative
> ?

If you're just trying to automatically have the programs moved to a
specific tag, then you can change the window title using the terminal
emulator's hardstatus feature; set the terminal hardstatus line like so:

    printf "%s%s%s" "$(tput tsl)" "Music Player" "$(tput fsl)"

Then in your config.h under the window rules, you can add something like
this:

    { "st", NULL, "Music Player", ... }

If you happen to be using screen or tmux, you may need to run the tput
commands with TERM explicitly set to st: "$(TERM=st-256color tput tsl)".

Eric