Re: [dev] tabbed: UnmapNotify patch

From: Okan Demirmen <okan_AT_demirmen.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:28:35 -0400

On Wed 2014.09.10 at 19:00 +0100, Dimitris Papastamos wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 01:50:34PM -0400, Okan Demirmen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Simple patch for tabbed that prevents tabbed from killing a client that it
> > should no longer be managing due to an UnmapNotify event.
> >
> > Add support for UnmapNotify; allows a window to map and unmap without
> > needing it to be destroyed.
>
> Cool, I guess this patch also fixes the issue where tabbed would
> kill cwm?

Indeed. cwm keeps a "menu window" around for menuing and for the resize
geometry drawable; cwm maps and unmaps this window as needed, as opposed to
creating and destroying each time. Right now tabbed sees the event when the
resize drawable maps, it adds it to the list of clients it manages, but since
the unmap notify event is not handled, tabbed tries to kill the menuwin when
cycling through managed clients when closing. This does not make cwm happy :)

Thanks,
Okan