[dev] Re: [RFC] Design of a vim like text editor

From: Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 16:39:15 +0200

Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> writes:

> TLDR: I'm writing an experimental but (hopefully) highly efficient vim
> like text editor based on a piece chain data structure. You will find
> an url to a git repository at the end of this rather long mail.

Funny, I just thought tonight about a variant of vi where the newline is
a real char... you implemented it exactly like this! (E.g. $x is like
J, otoh $rX doesn't work like that...)

o seems to be broken on the last line.

Looks very promising already! Perhaps the editing mode could be shown
in the mode line.

Thanks,
--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen_AT_gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org