Re: [dev] [RFC] Design of a vim like text editor

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 10:09:23 -0700

Andrew Hills wrote:
> > + code completion: this should be done as an external process. I will
> > have to take a look at the tools from the llvm / clang project. Maybe
> > dvtm's terminal emulation support could be reused to display an
> > slmenu inside the editor at the cursor position?
>
> This feature seems unnecessary; do others use this? The last time I had
> code completion was in Eclipse, when I was younger and more foolish, and
> I don't miss it at all.

Heyho,

I find the vim style completion pretty handy. It just completes words, which it
already knows (from open/included files), so you don't need to implement complex
language- and context-dependent filtering. This can also be used when writing
long texts with multiple occurences of some weirdly hard to type scientific
terms.

--Markus