Re: [dev] [RFC] Design of a vim like text editor

From: <q_AT_c9x.me>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:40:44 +0200

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 07:42:47PM +0100, Maxime Coste wrote:
> > That doesn???t happen that often to justify overloading. Hint: Avoided
> > complexity in the system *beforehand*.
>
> That goes back to the linked list/array thing, you dont have generics, so you use the
> easy thing without generics: linked lists, which are almost always a poor choice.

I don't think that is true, static arrays do the job way more often than people want
to admit, and they are very well supported by C. Also, performance is critical in
less cases than people like Bjarne Stroustrup want to admit, when it's critical you
probably don't even want to rely on STL since it is not finely tuned (as Facebook's
home brewed library shows, for instance).

-- Q.