Re: [dev] A new FIFO based tox client

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 00:45:57 +0200

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:38:47 +0100
Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org> wrote:

> dwm with the fifo patch[0] could work fine. I generally work in tmux
> that's why hysteria is done like that. Also it is mostly running on
> a remote machine where I don't have X. You can tunnel your traffic
> but when your machine is shut down you are offline :)

I'd rather go with a master-terminal which spawns the rest or a master-
shellscript to open the windows and keep the state.

Imho, we don't really need tmux for the client. I think maybe that you
could design something really clean on top of ratox, which could even
be used by newer users.

Cheers

FRIGN

--