[dev] Ideas for using sic

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:55:07 -0700

I started using sic as my IRC client, and I'd just like to share my
configuration. I have a script that invokes sic in a manner similar to
the following command:

    rlwrap ./sic -h "$IRC_HOST" | tee -a irc-logs | grcat sic.grcat

With [rlwrap][1], I get familiar input handling, tee(1) gives me
logging, and [grc][2] handles highlighting output. I've attached my grc
configuration. If anyone intends to use it, replace "ericpruitt" with
whatever username you'd normally use in IRC to get bell emissions when
someone uses your name in chat. The colorizer, grc, is written in
Python, so that may not be to everyone's tastes, but there are plenty of
alternatives.

  [1]: http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/uck/rlwrap/#rlwrap
  [2]: http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/software/grc.html

Eric