Re: [dev] SGI Irix look (4Dwm)

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 08:53:29 +0100

Quoth Andrew Gwozdziewycz:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Alexander Huemer
> > Or do you have some concrete example I do not grasp at the moment?
> > At least the people I know who are using OSX do not even know what a
> > terminal emulator is, let alone that there is one on their machines.
>
> Out of curiosity, where do you live? In NYC, you'll see coffeeshops
> filled with people on a Mac that have no idea what a terminal emulator
> is, but any of the developers in that same coffeeshop, will still be
> on a Mac.

I'd guess it is somewhat of a US thing. I recently got back to
Europe after living there, and the penetration of Apple laptops is
way higher in the USA than it is here. Here it mostly seems to be
trendy kids and "design" people, whereas in the USA it seemed to be
90%+ of everybody, if you took cafes to be representative (which of
course they aren't). You can do development on a Mac, it just must
be very annoying (not to even mention freedom issues). Boggles my
mind that people would put up with it, but apparently lots do.