Re: [dev] surf rewrite for WebKit2GTK

From: F Hssn <fhssn1_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 13:15:04 -0500

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Andrew Hills <ahills_AT_ednos.net> wrote:
> On 10/25/14 13:41, F Hssn wrote:
>>
>> Following suckless's minimal philosophy, I'd be interested to find out
>> ... <snip> ...
>> latest webkit.
>

> Do you really want to write your own Javascript engine?

Well, I hadn't thought of that but now that you mentioned, I
downloaded v8 and spidermonkey sources, 0.5 vs 1.2 million (both
mostly C++). Then in v8 I noticed it has directories for architectures
like arm arm64 mips mips64 ia32. I removed those directories and left
only x87 and x64 and ended up with 333k, with 223k lines of C++ source
files.

To answer your question, I guess it comes down to how much time I have
(as always) which is, not much. But I would definitely like some
"suckless cleanup" in this direction, just like in other directions.