Re: [dev] [dvtm] Truecolor support

From: <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 11:24:09 +0100

Hi,

>>> Above my opinion might be not constructive, so now I propose alternate sequences:
>>>
>>> I recommend a recall of Konsole style truecolor control seqences, and propose to change them as follows:
>>>
>>> CSI 38 ; 2 ; Pr ; Pg ; Pb m -> CSI ? Pr ; Pg ; Pb $ m
>>> CSI 48 ; 2 ; Pr ; Pg ; Pb m -> CSI = Pr ; Pg ; Pb $ m
>>
>> They can conflict with private extensions.
>
> Yeah, certainly there are some possibilities that they conflict with existing private sequence of someone's terminal.
> Ok, just I also propose DSR query/answer sequences for testing if they are available.
>
> Query:
>
> CSI ? 8893 n - Query whether 24bit color sequences are ready
>
> Reply:
>
> CSI ? 8894 n - Ready
> CSI ? 8895 n or no responses - Not ready

I agree with you in some things, but I don't think this the proper
place where discuss this point. The decision should be taken by a
group of terminal developers, so I suggust you try to create a way
developers can discuss about it (some kind of news group or a mailing
list), and don't try to repeat the discussion every time in the list
of one developer.

Regards,