Re: [dev] [sbase] style

From: Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 14:11:20 -0800

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM, FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> I must honestly say that you gotta work on your coding style a bit better.
> I spent all evening yesterday and some hours this afternoon to untangle
> your expr.c. It wasn't too bad, but for instance, you had unnecessary
> global variables, unsafe pointer use in some places and raw errors which
> could break things.

That's a big part of why I brought this up. I want to be able to
submit code in a format that causes the least amount of pain for
everyone else.

>> declarations, definitions, in alphabetical order (except main, at end of file)
>
> No, I prefer declarations in order. This keeps everything in a logical context.

OK, I was taking this from other suckless projects, e.g. dwm.c has all
function declarations and then all function definitions in
alphabetical order. That being said if there is some ordering/grouping
that makes logical sense based on the code I much prefer it.

> Are you working on patches to fix the coding style in sbase?

I'd be more than happy to, I just wanted to figure out what the style
should be first since there is such a wide variety.

emg